The Lublin Days of ORL took place in Kazimierz Dolny on 27-28 May 2016. Experts participating in the meeting represented various branches of otolaryngology; topics of the presented lectures mirrored the practical and theoretical state of the art in ORL. The representation of the Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing included Prof. Henryk Skarżyński, Prof. Krzysztof Kochanek, Assoc. Prof. Monika Ołdak, Assoc. Prof. Artur Lorens, Tomasz Wolak, PhD and Małgorzata Zgoda, MA.
Prof. Henryk Skarżyński and Prof. Krzysztof Kochanek had chaired the Panel ‘Early diagnostics and therapy of hearing disorders’, which had included following presentations form the Institute:
- „Surgery of the only hearing ear”- Prof. Henryk Skarżyński, MD, PhD, dr h.c. (mult)
- „Assessment of the functional hearing benefits in patients with partial deafness after cochlear implantation” – Assoc. prof. Artur Lorens, PhD Eng.
- „Topics of genetic studies in the field of hearing” – Assoc. Prof. Monika Ołdak, PhD
- „Application of the fMRI technique in the studies of the auditory system”- Tomasz Wolak, PhD Eng.
- „Electrophysiological methods of detection of retrocochlear disorders” – Prof. Krzysztof Kochanek, PhD.
The Lublin Days of ORL have also been an occasion for presenting the issues related to sleep apnea in adults, radio- and chemotherapy in treatment of cancer of pharynx, TLM vs. partial reconstruction of the larynx in treatment of laryngeal tumours. The meeting has been an opportunity for presenting own research and interesting clinical case studies.